Thursday, September 18, 2008

Common and N.E.R.D. @ Malkin Bowl - Sept.17, 2008

It has been 6 years since I last saw Common perform and I have to say that my second attendance to his show was amazing. Again with a live band and a small production, I was very happy to have attended this show.

I went down to the show with my cousin John and one of my best friends, Bryan. DJ Pump (Eh Team DJ's) opened up the show, and was followed up by N.E.R.D. They too put on an amazing set. N.E.R.D. is so alive when they're live. The one thing I really appreciated and took to heart was what Pharrell said on stage for a young 12 year old and to the youth . He gave a mad shout out to them which I thought deserves mad respect, as well as stressing education.

Common on the other hand, still shows how a gentleman should be. I'm really looking forward to Common's new album, "the Believer", which will be released in November 2008.

Click HERE to view photos of the show.

1 comment:

marjolyn said...

omg wasn't that an awesome show? common killed it on stage with his uber-cool dance moves puwahahahha