Monday, November 3, 2008

Tokyo.Ten @ Gallery Nucleus

-with Shane Lester, Eric Cruz and Gino Woo
-
This is Day 2 of my visit to LA. It started off on Melrose Ave. to La Brea Ave, checking out stores. During that time, I was caught in a thunderstorm (booo!!).

That evening though was the purpose of my trip: W+K Tokyo Lab - Tokyo.Ten Show in Alhambra. I was very fortunate and privileged to have met the Creative Team of W+K Tokyo Lab; Eric Cruz (+cruz), Shane Lester and Gino Woo (Woog). The show presents a compilation of work from artists that have collaborated with W+K Tokyo Lab. Tokyo.Ten is a compilation of DVD, Book and Blog that chronicles their entire audiovisual output since they began five years ago. The exhibition included prints, dvd and cd artwork, and a video presentation. Music was also provided by Woog, Shane Lester and Nanopaul. For more info about Tokyo.Ten and the exhibit, please click HERE.

I have become a big fan of Hifana since discovering them while living in Japan back in 2003-2004. I have frequented Shane Lester's blog to see what's been going on, as well as W+K Tokyo Lab's Blog too. Last year, during my trip to Japan to visit my lady, I had the opportunity to see where W+K Tokyo Lab's studio in Roppongi was. To see them in person though was weird, just because I would always see them on their blogs.

Please check their work out at www.wktokyolab.com/ and at www.wktokyo.jp/.

I have been following their work since I discovered their profile in December 2006 on Apple's Pro web page. Thank you guys!!

It then ended off with dinner with my friend Mikee and my cousin Lisa and her friend, Lolly, at Wockano in Pasadena.

For more photos, please click HERE.

No comments: